Avatar: The Last Airbender Casting for the live-action movie

ktlady posted on Dec 12, 2008 at 11:33PM
link

Oh. My. Gosh. I pretty much agree with all the comments made on the article. I mean... Jesse McCartney?!?!? Come on!!! And they're right... why is the casting sooo white?

Avatar: The Last Airbender 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Airbender4823 said…
wait did they say jesse MAY be zuko?
over a year ago Azula_19_2009 said…
They are seriously going to make one? Sigh. I wish I could play Azula...she's my fav character lol.
over a year ago CurlyQMel12 said…
this bettr b a joke yeah def a joke no way cud jesse mcCartney cud pull off zuko. yeah sumone is def tryin 2 freak all avatar fans out >:[
over a year ago ClassicalNadia said…
Wow I never thought the would be making this. Isn't Jesse a singer and not an actor? They better not mess it up! I remember making a pick for who you think should play the parts a long time ago lol.

link
over a year ago 18wanda said…
It is going to be a cheesebomb of a movie. I will bring over-ripe timatoes to the theater.
over a year ago Bubbly131 said…
It want to go and see it just to see how cheesy it will be. Like if they did like Disney does and make special affects and acting really horrible, and they don't care. I wanna see how they do the fighting with bending. But i'm glad to at least the guy playing Sokka (same person who plays Jasper in the Twililght saga - i just can't remember his name) is gonna make an attempt. Like getting a tan and doing his hair like Sokka's.

I know now it's gonna be a terrible movie, I just want to go and see exactly HOW terrible it's gonna be.
smirk
Jesse does act. He plays in a show called summerland. Y'all should really chill out. It might be pretty good. If it's such a big deal then why don't a bunch of Asian Americans do their own version.

angry
Boooo! What a sucky cast! I can not explain my disgust in words!
tongue
Oh get over it. It's gunna happen so just face the inevitable. Geeze you guys are riddiculous. I mean really! REALLY!
I actually like the guy playing Sokka, he kinda looks like him. Don't be so negative guys, it could still turn out well.
over a year ago Kirsty said…
Dev Patel will be Zuko! We can all breathe again.

link
sick
Eww! He's actually worse than Jessie!
angry
You are all crazies! You know the movie won't match to the original show, and it will be a bust. I will start a riot!