Avatar: The Last Airbender Episode 12 Thoughts?

rockwutiwear posted on Nov 22, 2007 at 04:09AM
highlights? let downs?
last edited on Dec 17, 2007 at 06:43AM

Avatar: The Last Airbender 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Kirsty said…
What date is Thanksgiving? I'm from the UK, but oh my god that will be cool!
over a year ago ktlady said…
yesterday. :D
over a year ago rockwutiwear said…
today, the 23rd
over a year ago miiamya said…
can you post it on here please?
over a year ago da_silverfox said…
pleazze
highlights:
upside down temple. great idea
aangs bus sized tornado

let down:
the show usedto lean a lot on clever dialog, now it's more dramatic. dialog kinda dull.

thoughts: this show is good at capturibng human themes. it draws a lot of symphathy for zuko. i hope to see a brother like friendship with zuko but it throws the whole balance off...
the immature taller boy position is already taken. (sokka) ..how will they act in the same scenes talking?
the love triangle; aang, zuko, katara. will that develop as katara learns to accept zuko?
zuko needs a lot of attention, will that conflict with aang?
& i actually think toph and zuko make a good duo. if not romantically, as best friends.
over a year ago ktlady said…
Highlights:
Yeah... loved the upside down temple. Amazing!
Zuko's impersonations. Did anyone else notice Azula's signature song played in the background when he was imitating her?
Sokka's boomerang-angle. lol.

Disappointments:
Seemed kind of slow going.
I wanted to see more of the temple. (design, etc.)

Thoughts:
I hope Zuko doesn't come between Aang and Katara. He has Mai.
Also, how is Mai gonna deal with this? Does it even matter? Will she even come into play?
Is Uncle going to find them? or does he have something else to do? White Lotus thing, perhaps?
Haru needs to shave off his mustache. I will never be able to take him seriously now.
last edited over a year ago
Highlights:
Like everyone else, I was in love with the temple.
I thought Zuko was very sweet and funny without being out of character.
they didn't accept zuko with open arms - i might be alone here but i was really afraid they would all be too quick to trust him.
Toph was AWESOME!

Disappointments:
definitely some awkward/crappy dialogue.
I thought sokka was unusually serious, and not in a good way.
there was a lot of sitting around and musing and much less of "let's go do something about it!" even when combustion man was attacking, they were openly considering the best way to attack back - a little time consuming.

General Thoughts:
Does anyone else think that the Duke, Haru, and the other kid (can't remember his name!) are kind of extra weight?

Also, Katara's threat. wow. While I think it is in her character and totally justified considering their history, I have to wonder: will she act on it?!?!?
over a year ago ddendong16 said…
dude, Katara is PISSED!!!
over a year ago avatarboone said…
It kinda let me down because everyone was so pumped to se chapter 12 and then it sucked.
I think she will blood bend the hell out of his a$$ if he does wrong
heck yes!
over a year ago fordsr said…
the episode took care of story that had to be done so i hope they jump back to action

and am i the only one who notice zukko realizing he was bad and being good so he was bad to be good? i think he brought combustion man so he could "take him down" ie all paid for to look good

side note i reall really want so sword battles between zukku and sakka
fordsr, I was surprised that none of them jumped to the conclusion that Zuko had staged the whole fight because, while we no that is not true, it did kind of look like that.