Being Multilingual Spanish Help

Saul_Mikoliunas posted on Feb 11, 2008 at 05:38PM
Hellooo. I have only been learning Spanish for about five months so my Spanish is still very basic. Anyway back to the topic, I try to write down all of the things that my teacher says however I always come home and find that I have written half of a sentence or written a sentence and no translation, so I was hoping that if I added some on here, some of you lovely fanpoppers could help by translating them or correcting them?
I thought I could just start by putting down the one thing our teacher always says but never tells us what it means!!

y a hora al grano.

Sorry if it is not spelled right,hope there is a lovely fanpopper to help me!

Being Multilingual 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago blisslikethis said…
hola! i'd translate that as something like "and now, to the point", or "and now, let's get to the point".. it's an expression that has a similar meaning to "let's get down to business" in English.

hope that helps! :)
over a year ago Priscilita22 said…
blisslikethis said it all :D that's exactly what it is... feel free to ask anything else!
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Thank you!! Actually sorry, I meant Muchas gracias!!
I do have alot more things so thank you so much!! I will definetely report back with more :P
over a year ago adavila said…
AL grano you can say it in a very funny way overhere in Mexico

A lo que te truje Chencha

is just so funny
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I have more spanish questions if you wonderful fanpoppers could help me =D We have been studying the past tenses lately and to be honest I am just.....no clue whatsoever =D
We are doing Estar and Ir. I have to fill in these sentences so I was hoping you could check them and tell me if I am wrong/completely wrong =D

1. El año pasado fui a España.
2. ¿Adonde fue Juan el mes pasado?
3. Nosotros estuvimos en Edimburgo para las navidades.
4. La fiesta estuve buena.
5. Manuel y Maria fueron al campo el fin de semana.
6. ¿Como fuiste tu a Malaga?

I don't have the accent mark to go over the o etc so ignore that bit =D It's mainly the Ir and Estar ones I am working on. I think I got them right but I am unsure of the last ones. You guys are awesome!
over a year ago paola1901 said…
number 4 is: la fiesta estuvo buena

good luck with your spanish
you're doing great n_n
over a year ago adavila said…
number 6 I think it is

En que te fuiste a malaga
or
como te fuiste a Malaga?

(what do you want to say:
how did you got to malaga?
over a year ago Praesse said…
Number 6 is fine, but it could be better if you just take the "tu" away. It's not necessary. It's the "sujeto tácito".

6. ¿Cómo fuiste a Málaga?

=)
over a year ago laudatedominum said…
And I think number 4 should be estuvo because it is in the third person singular.