Heroes Why heroes

jbowd posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 01:39PM
What do you reckon was so good about heroes in season one that wasnt in season 2 or at the moment 3?

Heroes 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago want2watcheroes said…
More mystery and the start of something awesome, wasn't effected by the writers strike. It was really awesome.

But the others are good in different ways.
over a year ago chels125843 said…
smile
honestly i agree with the whole mystery thing but you cant really have the same kind of thing anymore because in s1 they were all discovering their powers and stuff and so everyone who wants it to be like s1 well get over it its not gonna happen. but i LOVE s3. i mean i think all the seasons are amazing <333
over a year ago NeonGlo said…
They did make a big mistake in S2 with Hiro's trip into feudal Japan. That was just too unconnected to the Heroes story. We like seeing how the heroes interact and how they struggle to find their place in the world. It also silly with heroes gaining and losing their powers all the time; I couldn't keep track. I like the way the episodes are split now, each showing only half of the storylines. That's a little easier to get into.
over a year ago nickelhatton2 said…
Yay! A topic i feel strongly about!

I think there has been too much repetition in heroes- I was genuinely shocked when Nathan turned out to be Claire's bio-father in S1, but then they've tried to repeat this shock with Sylar and Angela Petrelli.

Also what i hate about the show is the way they kill off characters and don't stick to their guns and instead bring them back from beyond the grave. They didnt really do this in S1- eg Simone, Isaac. But have done it constantly since. The main one being HRG. It was such an emotional episode when he was killed off but then they gave him a blood transfusion with Claire blah blah blah and he's back. It would have been a braver decision to kill him off for good. Then the plane crash at the start of Vol 4. I thought OMG they have really done something here to be proud of- killing off all the main cast and totally starting the show anew, but when the following episode showed them all escaping, lives in tact, i was furious and was the reason i stopped watching.

It's just a bit confusing as time has went on. What i mean by this is the whole time travel thing- can events changed impact the future? And storylines that have been abandoned/forgotten about/Kring trying to do a do-over- eg. Caitlin in the future with the virus- she's just left in the future and there is no mention of her again after vol 2, erm was peter not supposed to love her?

I think as well there are too many characters. In S1 we were given the select few but were given more details about them, which made us fall in love with them more. The characters added in S2 and 3 were there as Sylar's playthings- people to get murdered and there was no real substance to them.

Also S1 seemed to be well thought out. Like it knew what it was setting out to do. It was well paced and the plot twists were gradual and made sense but were still exciting. S2 and 3 moved too fast with no coherency and, I feel, just had twists for twists sake, the result being- forgettable and non-sensical.

Furthermore, I hate the way that we are given characters who are special, the select few, however come S3 everyone- Mohinder, Ando (and prob at this stage Mr Muggles) all have super powers, taking away from the whole chosen ones thing.

PS- these are my views on heroes and, as a former fan, i think i have the right to comment on it when they have let me down to the extent that i have ceased to watch the show. Therefore I don't want to hear any comments along the lines of 'if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything', or 'if you don't like it don't watch it', as the people on this site have the tendancy to say when something negative is said.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jbowd said…
Thanks again for your reply's.
over a year ago peteypetrelli said…
People coming back from the dead

Everyone being secretly related to everyone

Everyone knowing everyone in the past [Sylar and Elle, Doyle and Merideth, Matt and Knox [though that one didn't make the show]etc] I mean, what's next Peter and Sylar were BFF's til Peter stole Sylar's cookie? It got on my nerves after a while XD

The repetition of powers, I know they're somewhat limited but they haven't used all of them, Charles's one ticked me off a bit
Everyone getting abilities

Sylar going from good to evil and good to evil and just argh, that was frustrating

Sylar believing EVERYTHING "OMG ANG YOUR MY MUM? So she tried to kill me eh, Artie? OMG HRG THEY AREN'T MY PARENTS WTH?" Again, frustrating.

The fact they always try and live normal lives after a big event only for it go wrong

The whole I HATE YOU!!! YOU RUINED ME!!! thing that's been around since Villains, the whole Peter pulling out the gun shouting at people was pretty lame

Nathan regretting ratting everyone out, seriously, why do it in the first place?

I'll stop now
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago electric_ninja said…
Conspiracies involving the past and wait for it..the future!

Not that many other people are normal any more,although I like Hiro and Ando being a Superman-Batman team.

Sylar's identity crisis-I would like him to show some compassion like he did with Luke yet remain a tad bit evil.

I wish Claire would stop falling in love with almost every superpowered guy her age.Sure you could argue it's normal, but I think it feels like more dysfunction.

On that happy note,less dysfunction would be nice.

over a year ago peteypetrelli said…
Oh yeah, I think the wherabouts of Monica and West is annoying as well like what happened to them?
Thank you for all your replies
thankyou for your replies.