Maroon 5 Thoughts on "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" album?

harold posted on Jun 02, 2007 at 07:06PM
So, I didn't buy the album the moment it was out, but I did get it this week, when it was released here in the US. While it does sound significantly different from "Songs about Jane", it's growing on me. What do you think?

Maroon 5 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hun185 said…
Here is a good review of it: link
over a year ago PkmnTrainerJ said…
I think it will grow on me but as I have said so many times it's beginning to annoy even me, it doesn't sound like Maroon 5.

You couldn't switch on a new Maroon 5 song and expect me to know it was them.
over a year ago angelique_m5 said…
when i heard "Makes me Wonder" at the first time, even though i didn't see their video. i knew then it is Maroon 5. I like this album more.
over a year ago angelique_m5 said…
it's a bit funky and the music, not only the songs have grown (matured). I like ther new sound. The fisrt album sounds a bit more boring to me. It won't be soon before too long, i've listened to their album on the net, and it's more POP-py and the music is upbeat, the whole packaging is just great. I love it... the title "It won't be soon before too long" sounds even more intriguing. If you hear the title "Songs about Jane", automatically you will think about the songs about a woman and relationships, from the title there's no surpirse in it. Both albums are good though, it's just that the Sophomore album has an Edge.
over a year ago xhis14 said…
I like it even more than the first album actually. I was surprised about how much I liked it due to my initial negative reaction to 'makes me wonder', but it is a well rounded album with highs and lows of course.
over a year ago sillyansally said…
There are some amazing tracks on the album. Kiwi is funny , only if you listen to the lyrics. They branched out more on this album and it shows.
over a year ago Goldfire said…
I definately think that "It Wont Be Soon Before Long" is a more matured album than "Songs About Jane" but none the less they are both great albums. Kiwi is a bit kinky but it is sorta funny if you pay attention. They've both grown on me and I love the band but they've definately grown in the maturity of their lyrics.
over a year ago sardines said…
I think it's better than Songs about Jane, but I love them both. When I'm angry or frustrated I listen to It won't be soon before long, because it's a nice album to rock your stress out! Songs about Jane is more background music, wich is really nice as well.
over a year ago laureng114 said…
i prefer the songs about jane album,
and i would have rathered that they put some tracks from the b-sides on it :/