New York Yankees 2009 Season Discussion

laureng114 posted on Jul 16, 2009 at 04:08PM
Hello fellow Yankee fans, the allstar break has just past and the season is halfway over. I want to know how you think the season is going. Is there a World Series in the future? Is Joe doing a good job managing the team? I would love to hear what you think.

New York Yankees 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jarhead said…
worried
TOO SOON!!!! Don't wanna jinx it!
over a year ago laureng114 said…
smile
Haha, me neither.
One player I have to say that I'm impressed with is Mark Teixeira. I can't believe he's leading the AL in homeruns! He's also doing great defensively.
over a year ago Jarhead said…
big smile
I know right! I mean I loved Giamai but he couldn't hit half as good as Teixeira. Gardner really impressed me as well. How many guys can make diving catches with a broken thumb? The alternation between Melky and Gardner works brilliantly. I honestly think our team is perfect. Our pitchers are untouchable and everyone seems to be hitting. Cano and Posada are the two who have impressed me at bat this season. I really don't wanna trade anyone.
over a year ago laureng114 said…
I agree and I'm glad that the trade deadline has passed. Giambi's days really were numbered. It was time for a new guy. Gardner isn't perfect offensively but he is INCREDIBLE in the outfield. Melky's hitting is improving so together the two are great. Posada is the man. I'm watching the Yanks/Red Sox game right now and it's 4-11 Yanks. Damon, Melky AND Posada have all gotten homeruns so far.

I am SO excited! I'm so happy with this team.

Ha! They just got another, 4-12.