Scotland Scottish Caliphate

Achmed69 posted on May 04, 2007 at 12:07PM
When Scotland becomes a Caliphate will they submit willingly or will they need to be forcefully subjugated to the rule of Allah similar to the manner in which the English dominated them?

In other words, how much resistance will they offer before the Scottish submit? Incidentally, how many Scottish can actually speak their own language? 100? 110 tops, right?

Scotland 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TweenaCat said…
Our "own language" is English. Proper Scots I would say more or less died out. Or rather, it isn't really possible to determine anymore when Scots is a different language or just a slight dialect, and how extreme does it have to be before it's even counted as a dialect and not merely an accent?
over a year ago ali22 said…
Becomes Caliphate?? You mean as in the Islamic form of government??

And yeah, English is our language but we all have different accents depending on which part of Scotland we live in.
So that's what the Caliphate thing was about! I don't think that's going to happen, but then maybe I don't know enough about these things to give an opinion.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that there are loads of different accents. When I was on holiday (in France but we were talking to this guy who was South African) my family and I were talking to this guy and he wouldn't believe that we were Scottish. He kept going, "But you can't be because I can understand what you're saying! I know these people from Glasgow and it's like, they're not even speaking English!"
No i definetaly dont ever see that happening!

I think we Scots talk too fast for some people to understand. Is amazing though how many foreigners love our accent. I love listening to the Irish and Americans :)
last edited over a year ago
I always feel so flattered when an American or whoever says that a Scottish person's accent is pretty, even if it's an actor or something who has nothing to do with me!

I love American and Irish accents too. I also love Newcastle or Yorkshire accents. There's something about North of England accents that are just...nice.
Incidentally, are we the only people who ever post on here?
Yeah....lol :D Achmed has gone all quiet and after what he wrote and i should think so to!

Haven't really noticed anyone from Scotland....mostly England and the US.
last edited over a year ago
Hey look at that!! :) I add a few picks and now people are answering them and leaving comments. Well, one or two people who aren't you or me but still. Maybe now more people will post on the forums and come up with their own ideas too!

Or maybe that's a bit ambitious...
Lol.......well here's hoping :)
over a year ago ClaireB58 said…
Hi! I'm from Scotland but I'm not really understanding what Caliphate means.
It means, the Islamic form of government representing the political unity and leadership of the Muslim world.

No offence meant to anyone except Achmed but Scotland will always have it's 'True Scots' that will never let that happen!
over a year ago sallywag said…
OK what!!!! i seriously hope that never happens, no offence to Islam of course but if anything Scotland should have it's own government, a scottish one of course.
Too true sallywag! :)