Spangel Quotes on Spike and Angel

NikaDawson posted on Mar 21, 2008 at 02:48PM
I was searching the web for quote from the writer's and cast and crew about Spike and Angel.

Here's some I found, and I was wondering if anyone knows any others.

“The Angel and Spike relationship has this mythic feel... David and James know how to play everything like they hate each other, but there is this weird underlying love, and I can't write that... I just love Spike so much and think he is the best character ever. He is just a writer's dream. Spike is the outsider there to deconstruct all the heroes because he doesn't play along, yet he is one, but he would never admit it. I think we are proud he became part of the AtS universe without acting like he was part of it.”
Drew Goddard

"I already had the perfect couple. It was Spike and Angel." -Joss Whedon

"The real love story this season (Season Five) on Angel is Angel & Spike."
-David Fury at W&H Auction Q&A session with fans.

"I would have liked to see the relationship between Angel and Spike explored more. They have so much chemistry and history together."
-David Boreanaz, when asked what he regrets most about not having a sixth season, convention: Chicago 2004.

"Well, David and I talked about it and we decided that underneath all that hatred, there's a lot of love. The characters! The characters have a lot of love!"
-James Marsters, on method acting, convention: Atlanta 2003
last edited on Mar 21, 2008 at 02:48PM

Spangel 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago tisha said…
The quotes that you posted are the main ones that I always see on Spangel websites.

These two aren't really Spangel, but they're really weird and funny:

Question: Do you think it’s a little weird that David Boreanaz is scared of chickens?
JM: I didn’t believe that David was scared of chickens. Someone mentioned it to me and I thought it was a joke! I did not know that. You say that Emma [Caulfield] told you she tied frozen chickens to David and made him cry? I would never tie chickens to David. I love him too much.

"I've got two great David Boreanaz stories," he continues, sounding like a proud father, "and this is why I like him so much. The man does not whine. He refuses to whine. One time I saw him break a two-by-four with his head. He was trying to get into Buffy's mom's house because he saw me in there. He was supposed to try to get in; forgetting that he wasn't invited so there was a force field that kept him out. The way that we did that was to rig him with a steel cable out of his back so that when he got to a certain point he'd be pulled back by a cable. Well, it was one of those things - dusty floors, maybe. God knows what it was, but the chord was shorter than he expected and he got yanked off of his feet, back through the porch and splintered a two-by-four in half. Not just a crack, he splintered it! The whole set hushes. They think David is going to the hospital and we're shutting down for a week. But David pops up and says, 'I'm fine, I'm fine.' The other story is that when I went over to Angel, he had just gotten rear-ended on the highway at high speed. They just took him to the hospital because they suspected whiplash, but the doctor said it wasn't and he should just be careful. He went back to set and he was strung up on chains and hung off the floor for 16 hours while we tortured him. The man would not complain. The one time I realized he was in pain was when he thought no-one was looking at him. I saw his face go ashen. But he's like a stunt guy; he won't admit it. This is the cool thing: he's enjoying himself. He's the lead in a cool show. We all hope we would be able to enjoy ourselves in that position, and he does. He has it all in perspective."

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago nosemuffin said…
I don't have the exact quote. It was along the lines of something Nika posted.

"We finally found the perfect girl for Angel... Spike!" -Joss Whedon
over a year ago dancingdead7x said…
The other famous one I heard was when Spike said that thing about, "Angel and I have never been intimite. Except that one time." Apparently in the commentary, Joss said something like, "They were together for a very long time. You really think they never.."

There's my lame contribution. :)
last edited over a year ago