The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1701-1750 of 9440

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
"Don't worry, young guy, it's not illegal at all" Galiah said, looking back at Alana with a smile, though she was completely unsure if it was illegal or not, but it was clear that even if it was, she would not be able to understand, either through ignorance or stubborness

"Oh" Mason replied in a surprised tone, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly out of habit before he replied, "Welcome back, Katherin. I didn't know you had so much.... personality to you"
"I'm about to turn around and slap the taste out of you" Sammy hissed, already getting upset at the pun whether it was intended or not
over a year ago afewseconds said…
Young? Edgar didn't consider being just a year away from entering his late twenties as old or anything, but he was pretty sure that he was at least a year or two, maybe three, older than she was. And when she turned her attention away from him to look at the other woman, he looked down at the paintbrush in his hand before returning his gaze to her. "Who are you exactly, if you don't mind me asking?" Or what was she, if he could ask that.

~

"Don't worry about it, it's fine," Katherin said to Sammy, going as far as to laugh a little as bitter as it was. "Well, at least with me it is. Have to laugh about the less likable things to make what you can out of it, right?" She believed this herself, even when she did find herself getting irritated about her...condition. It was less than ideal, and in her case it didn't leave many options for her in the world.
"Oh, pardon me manners" Galiah replied with a smile, "I'm Galiah Yar-guul, coming from the other side to help this side as best as I can. And this is me siren-like friend, Alana. She says she's no siren, but I know a siren figure when I see one. Ya see what I mean" Galiah said, not truly having much consideration for being polite

Mason gave a dry chuckle, which was mostly out of sheer awkwardness from Katherin's response before he cleared his throat and replied, "Um, right, so it looks like you and Jackie are pretty personal"
"Long Legs, you mean" Sammy replied, still grinning, "Nice one, by the way. Didn't think that was a regular nickname for that long legged hussy" She snickered, much to Mason's annoyance as he continued, "So, how did you two meet, if you don't mind me asking"
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Alana smacked her forehead and rubbed her temples in annoyance. Usually she was very patient with people, but Galiah was making her slip. She grimaced inside her hands, before faking a smile when lowering them. "Aaaaaaalrighty, I think you need psychological help." Alana commented as she made her way to them, mostly to drag Galiah a small distance since she was pressing up on the painter. "You cannot simply disturb other people as you please." She repeated to her. "There is also something called personal space and it is highly respected here."
last edited over a year ago
"I wouldn't say that we're "personal" in any regards," Katherin said as she pulled out of the lot that the car was in in a bit of a rush. Even with the gas that one of her other pieces had so recklessly let off, she still preferred not sticking around the area for any longer than they had to. "It's more so business, that's all. And Lincoln's the only one that calls her that by the way," she said to Sammy. "As for how we met...well, she didn't exactly meet me as..me, if you that makes any sense."

~

"A siren? What, is that suppose to be some sort of slang for something?" Edgar was debating now if he even wanted to give this strange person his name. The one she gave him didn't even sound like any name that he had ever heard, not even from the handful of foreign people that he was associated with. "And no, I don't see what you mean. I'm actually kinda thrown off to be honest," he was in the middle of saying before the Alana girl came to pull her away from him.
"Okay, okay, I understand" Gliah replied, dusting herself off before she turned Alana around to face the painter and proclaimed, "Here, you talk to him" With that, Galiah stepped back a bit, her arms crossed as she waited patiently

"I... think I understand what you mean" Mason lied. He didn't have the faintest idea as to what she meant by that, yet he was still curious to know more about it, though he feared poking at it would cause more problems. Instead, he cleared his throat and replied, "So, Tampa.... I've heard it's a, uh... nice place."
"Really? I heard it was a shithole" Sammy dropped casually
"I've heard a bit of both," Katherin said, being the middle ground on the subject out of the three of them. 'I mean I don't know if I can really count all of the good ones considering most of what I heard is from people who've lived there and all." She bit her lip a little as they got out onto the road and the car gave a few soft sputters.

~

"Okay but why?" Edgar said more to himself than to the two women that were present. He went to scratch his head only to remember at the last second that he had his paintbrush in the hand that was going to be used to do so, and instead eased his way over to his stand to place it down.
Alana blinked when she was spun, her left brow furrowing as her eyes shrunk to the size of a pin in building irritation. She glanced at her. "Galiah–STOP IT. You are acting like a child." She wasn't even sure how old she was, but she looked very young. "Apologize to this man at once." She reprimanded her. "And what did I tell you about calling me a siren?!" Her eyes squinted, wondering now if this was just all a prank to piss her off. It wouldn't be the first time some young teenagers pretended to be in trouble. In fact, one time when she went to rescue a man younger than her, she was surprised when she found the "unconscious" body slapping her behind all of a sudden. Of course, shortly after the man was truly unconscious when Alana's fist met his jaw.
"Because magic and training!" Galiah proclaimed, as if she were fully understanding of the situation, giving a sigh as she kicked a bit of the sand in annoyance, "Sheesh, it's so much easier to just push them right into the ring and get them movin'. What happened to the methods of home, where ya do what yer told from your superior and just accept it. I swear, emotions cloud better judgement" Galiah turned around as she replied to Edgar, "I'm sorry that I'm tryin' ta teach ya neat defensive magic trick, sir. Ya see, the young lady just doesn't understand". Though Galiah spoke with confidence, she was hoping that, with absolute luck, she would just happen to find someone with the talent to use magic easily, rather than having to search for them

Mason gave a shrug. He wasn't being completely truthful, his only experience with Tampa ever was a level in Tony Hawk's Underground. He never had much reason to go to Tampa, hoping personally to avoid it. And he wasn't exactly in the best shape to hope on a skateboard himself and join a contest there, so he just shook his head and replied, "Well, since we're gonna be living there, any idea what our new place will be like? Don't worry, we aren't exactly picky. Any old trailer will do us nicely"
"Aaand it's official. I have no clue whatsoever what you're even talking about," Edgar admitted in a slightly dull manner before turning to Alana. "Look, I don't know what you and your friend want or if this is some sorta youtube prank or whatever but if your goal was to weird me out by any chance then you've definitely accomplished it.." He said, moving to gather his painting tools and material.

~

"I don't know, Jackie didn't say. Or at least I don't think she did," Katherin replied with uncertainty. "But I'm sure if its a place that she set up it won't be too bad. She's always seemed like the type of person who prefers the more uh..tasteful things." And by tasteful she meant expensive as all hell from what she witnessed. Not only that, but she was sure that Jackie wouldn't just throw them in some one bedroom New York squeeze space either.
Alana sighed. "Look, this pink-haired lunatic is under the impression that she has traveled distant worlds to arrive to ours and uh... "train" individuals here that supposedly are capable of um, magic?" She said in more of a questioning tone than a statement. "You know, like the whole Harry Potter jazz and basically any medieval/fantasy movie you can think of." Alana explained. "And right now she is being quite annoying and persistent to innocent civilians, so please do ignore her and continue with your, uh, painting...art... thingamajig... I apologize on her behalf."
Mason looked over, pondering what she could mean by tasteful. He assumed it would be a decent apartment with rent that could easily be paid back, which Mason nodded with, "Ah, sounds lovely. Well, whatever we may find, we'll happily accept it"
"Just no one bedroom apartments. I ain't sleeping in the bathtub and I doubt Mason could fit in there even if he tried" Sammy replied in her joking tone, leaning the seat back as she rested her feet more on the floor to get comfortable

As Alana was explaining the situation to Edgar, she was unaware as she slowly scooted her feet over to them once again, though Edgar could see clear as day as she was. As soon as she was right next to Alana without her knowing, she raised her hand once again, or rather her finger, and spun it in the air before a ring of blue fire was suspended in the air, even making a tiny ball of fire that she clutched in her hands and threw it up in the air, through the hoop, and back into her hand, staring Alana dead in the face the entire time she did it before exclaiming, "Don't compare me to yer fictional stuff. This ball here is quite the deadly display. Are ya intimidated yet?"
"No worries. I was actually about to uh...get going. Well .I guess you can go back to your..saving..guard..gig thing," Edgar had replied to the lifeguard, not really sure of what to think about anything that he was being told. While he was given such a bizarre explanation, he tried not to pay much attention to the way Galiah had been scooting back into the conversation.
All the talk about magic and the likes of it only reinforced his thoughts of thinking that not only was one of the crazy, but so was the one that he had thought was at least not so. Either that or hopefully she was just dealing with crazy, and he didn't want any part in either of those scenarios.

He was going to start with gathering the dry paintings first to be stored away until he witnessed the small ball of blue flames be lit at the tip of her finger. He rubbed his face for a moment, thinking that he was only seeing things. But when he saw that even after rubbing his eyes the fire was still floating there, he stumbled backwards, almost knocking over his paintings. "What the hell–what the fuck!?"

~

"What's the deal with you two anyway?" Katherin found herself asking while she drove. She wasn't exactly fond of Lincoln setting her up to agree with further helping the two, but if there was payment involved she supposed that it wasn't all that bad. Not only that, but Jackie was the second person who had asked her to help Mason and Sammy in some way. "If Jackie's going out of her way to assist you then its got to be something, considering that she's a Constable."
"Ha! I knew that would get ya to believe me" Galiah said, whipping her hand to fan the flames away as she turned to Alana and smirked, "Funny. Ya stared those flames down like a real champ, and this artist here is practically shakin' in his figurative boots". Galiah kneeled down to speak to the man, "Don't worry, I ain't gonna hurt ya. Unless ya be a monster, then I gotta kill ya. But you seem none the wiser ta magic, so yer alright. That's why I'm lookin' for someone with this kind of magic. Ya understand what I mean now, young sir?"

"Well, Jackie is a friend of ours" Mason started, having to stop when Sammy gave a faint, "ugh, fuckin' christ" in the background before continuing, "And she's also wanting to train me to use my magic. As I'm sure you've already come to the conclusion, I have... potential to use magic, but that's just it. Potential. Jackie's offered to help me, so I'm going to make the best of what she's given me and learn all I can"
"NO!" Edgar exclaimed hysterically. "No, I don't understand what you mean–who the hell would understand that! A-and come on, I may not be a mister perfect but I'm not any sort of monster so lets keep that killing part out of it–" There was something about what he had just saw, something familiar. He didn't know what it was, and he was sure that he didn't want to find out either.

However, there was something about the man that the elf would definitely be able to sense. Like a window being cracked, there was something that slipped through–an almost invisible aura that he obliviously breathed from his lips.

But then Edgar shook his head, pulling himself together to think more logically. There had to be an explanation, some sort of trick. "Okay..okay that was a neat trick.," he reassured himself of this. "Look, I don't have any cash on me if you're supposed to be some performer."

~

"Well that's good on you to have someone who can teach you. Wish I could say the same for myself, but I guess some of us are just luckier than others." Katherin made a turn onto the next block. "So what, you're trying to become a Constable or somethin? That's uh..courageous, I suppose."
Alana, although already have seen this, was in shock once more when she witnessed Galiah's magic reveal itself. However, this time instead of simple flames, the fire actually took different shapes and moved accordingly to her actions. She took a step back again, blinking multiple times to bring her back to reality before shaking her head. She wanted to believe what Edgar said about her being a magic performer was true, but there was doubt that lingered in the back of her head. "Galiah you cant just go around scaring people like that!"
"Uh no, no this is some weird shit–" Edgar was murmuring and was back to his feet now. He was gathering all of his things, not aware that some of his paintings were falling from where he had been trying to shove them behind the rest while he rushed. He closed his umbrellas and pulled out the handle to his cooler before he was making his way away from them briskly, trying not to drop anything–which he had already managed to do. Luckily the brown, white and gray mini-RV van that belonged to him, which actually had an entire link attached to the back of it to be pulled along, hadn't been parked that far away.

He shook his head, still trying to make sense of what he had just seen while stuffing his things into it. There had to be some lighter, or torch or some illusion trick to it that he just hadn't seen. After all, it was a "magician's" job to make sure things like that weren't noticeable at first glance right? Right, he reassured himself once again.

But the paintings that had been abandoned to the sand of the beach began to be blown off some in different directions by a small beach breeze that carried the salty smell of the ocean.
Alana was still lecturing Galiah on how what she did was not appropriate in any circumstances, and whether the origins of the fire was actual magic or not, she couldn't be blatantly showing it off to just anyone. As she was finishing her statement, her eyes briefly glanced at the painter who was already making his way out. She was glad to see he was getting away from this mess and hoped this small encounter would not stop him from returning to the beach she promised to keep safe or write a bad review about it. But just as her attention was about to shift back to Galiah, her sharp eyes encountered the smaller paintings that escaped the grasp of Edgar dancing in the wild, beachy wind. "Sir--" She began, following the paintings that stubbornly distanced themselves. "Sir---Your paintings!" And just how she had helped the little kid reunite with his toy, she would help this painter not lose his works of art, even if they were insignificant. Alana chased after the paper and thin canvases, finding the canvases easier to catch since they had more weight to them.
As Alana collected the canvases, as difficult as the task was thanks to the breeze that acted as if it wanted to toy with her for the time being, she would notice something offsetting about them.

One of the larger paintings was of the ocean from where Edgar had been on the beach and wasn't much to different from the normalcy of the ocean and sky. The sun was positioned higher in the sky, which indicated that the painting had been created sometime during the early noon hours of the day.

However the second one was drastically different. Despite the sky being clear for the majority of the day, the sky was filled with black clouds and the waves looked as if they were swishing back and forth quite violently. Through the darkest clouds, its looked like something was emerging or pushing against them from the other side. And if she were to touch the murky ocean that had been painted onto the canvas, the water almost looked as if it rippled, and her fingers would be left ever so damp.

Another one of the paintings, this one being smaller, seemed to be of something later in the day. At first it seemed as if it was only a painting of a man standing with his back against the ocean and a hand looking to be outstretched towards him from a first person perspective. However the longer this painting was observed, the look of shock on the man's face became clearer. And the hand that was stretched out before him, within its palm, was a fire that was painted to be wavering wildly. And the man was no other than the painter himself.

There were two other paintings however, both canvases. One of them had been blown into the water and was on its way to floating away from the shore while the other had found itself stuck in some sand.
Galiah made sure to pick up at least one of the paintings, seeing it as means to at least attempt to make up for her previous harassment. Though her attention was now fully on the paining, observing it in total confusion as she responded, "What in the fresh hell kinda paintin' is this?" But she didn't have much time to think as she and Alana gathered up the rest of the paintings, making sure to follow Edgar once again, "Sir, yer paintin's"

"I haven no idea what a Constable is" Mason replied immediately, still not sure what to make of the organization itself, "I only ran into one Constable. It wasn't... very enticing". His thoughts went back to that man that could control fire with ease. That man was far more trained than he was, and was far more serious about his job. He made a mental note to not run into him again
By the time all of the paintings that had been dropped and left behind were all collected, the painter was already maneuvering his vehicle and the extra that was with it out of the parking lot and making a turn out into the road.

Edgar flipped on his radio and immediately started turning through the stations as he drove down the street. He used his knees to keep the steering wheel steady while his other hand was busy fumbling through the middle compartment to grab a black and green pack of Newports that he kept for emergencies. He had already hit his limit of two for the day, but the third would have to be an exception. He slid the cigarette between his lips and had to steer with one hand to find his lighter.

Once he was able to light his cigarette, the man had to think of a time to come back later on since he usually parked near the beach to sleep. It was how it had been ever since he had gotten to Florida. It was surprisingly quiet until the late mornings. And he would have just parked on the beach itself but he had gotten a ticket for that last time, and he wasn't planning on getting another one.

~

"So Jackie's the only Constable you've run into? I have to say, that sounds enticing enough to me. I'd rather it be her than some of the other ones they have running around." Katherin said, taking her hand away from the wheel to wipe at the corner of her eye. "They're everywhere and always up to something. But when you're backed so heavily then I guess you can have that sort of presence among people."
Alana held the same confused and disturbed reaction as Galiah’s when she got a closer look on the paintings. But before she could make sense of it, her eyes caught sight of the two remaining paintings. She quickly followed them, stopping momentarily where the one stuck in the sand was so she could stack them with a rock on top where it wouldn’t fly away. In the meantime, she dashed towards the shore to retrieve the last canvas. Her feet had to get wet in order to do so, which was no bother for her at all. But by the time she turned to call out for the painter again, she noticed he had left. “Great...” Alana groaned which was followed by a panting sigh. She dragged herself out of the beach and collected the rest of the pictures, telling herself she would just keep it saved at her lifeguard shack in case he were to come ever again.
"Hey, wait" Galiah shouted at the car, but was unable to stop him as the car pulled out of the parking lot, she gave a sigh as she kicked the sand once again "Dammit". As she stood there, holding the painting, she looked over at Alana with a shrug, "I really thought that would be a magic user" Galiah just gave a light sigh as she handed the painting to Alana, "Sorry if I wasted our time"

"Yeah, I suppose so" Mason replied, scratching the bridge of his nose as Sammy spoke up, "Hang on, hang on, who are the Constables? Are they like some sort of gang of hunters or something? Should we be worried or something?"
Out of all of the paintings, it would be the last one that Alana retrieved that would be the most disturbing. Upon the now damp canvas that she had retrieved from the water. However, she would come to find that the painting wasn't really a painting but a sketch done by what looked like color pencils and crayon shavings. The atmosphere shown in the painting was set by the dim light from a setting sun. On the right, there was the ocean meeting the shore. However, this would all become mute when the lifeguard would find herself staring at what appeared to be herself. And the her in the sketch was also staring at another sketch of herself, who was also doing the same, their expressions one of shock. Behind the sketched Alana was someone who looked to be looking over her shoulder, a person with impossibly long ears.

The painting was one of the exact moment in time that this would happen.

~

"It depends on how they view you," Katherin answered. "The Constables are a large organization that you'd rather not be on the opposing side of. I guess you can call them hunters, since that's pretty much part of what they do."
Galiah looked over Alanas shoulder, her eyes widening at the sight of the painting in front of her, how it stretched their images out for eternity and beyond that, even taking the portrait from Alana's hands as she looked over it, "Alana, I think I may have found the user I was lookin' fer. This is.... almost too good"

"So there's a group of magic users that fight the monsters that were attacking us?" Mason replied, giving a sigh of relief. Though, he admitted, it sounded like a really cheesy action movie or a budget video game, but it did give him some hope that there were people out there that were in the same situation that he was and were able to fight them off. He leaned back and sighed, "Sounds like there's nothing to worry about them"
"Yeah, you gotta a bunch of comic book protags running around. That's badass" Sammy replied with a grin
"Not everyone within the Constables have "magic"," Katherin corrected Mason's statement. "There actually aren't all that many people who have it apparently. At least not many that they've been able to find. Most that they do find end up going haywire and are put down. And then there are these cultists that have started becoming more active than they've ever been. And they aren't exactly improving those numbers either."
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Did you say cult......................................... :D over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
No, i said occult, its distant relative :P over a year ago
That's even better over a year ago
"C-Cult" Suddenly Mason felt his relief turn into worry, far more worry than before, hoping that there would be some faint hope if he asked. As he did, Sammy looked over at him, as if she could tell what he was going to say would only lead to him worrying more
"B-But surely we have plenty of members of the Constable on that, right? They've got plenty in their group helping out"
"Of course they are. But like the police and the CIA and all the other blah blah blahs, they can't be everywhere at once. And that's where people like me come into the fray," Katherin explained while slowing at a stop sign, and then making a turn to get onto the express way. "Usually a little cult ot occult wouldn't be a problem. But with this new mess that that's popped up on the map, it's been rough."
"I.... I see" Mason replied with a bit more worry being added to his psyche now, looking out the window to see where they were before he replied, "What is this cult like? What's it's goal exactly?"
"It's not doing something like summoning an ancient demon onto this world, is it?" Sammy replied casually, like it was something to be expected
Katherin gave a shrug when she was asked about the goals of the cult in question. The only people she suspected to know the answer to that were the people that she had her contract with, the Council behind the Constables. "The most I know is that they're bad news and the Constables are working towards having them wiped off the face of the earth." And it didn't help that the cult itself was exceptionally talented at covering their tracks. It only made her job harder at the end of the day.
Alana recoiled some once she got a good look of the paintings and recognized herself and the woman with pointy ears. “What the—“ She found her left eye twitch against her will as she tried to gather a reaction or words. But nothing came out, she was at a loss for them trying to make sense of the situation. Alana shook her head and rubbed her temples. She thought perhaps the saltiness of the water finally took a toll of her and had messed with her vision, but when Galiah acknowledged it too, a shiver went down her spine. She dropped the canvas, not wanting anything to do with it. In fact, she didn’t want anything to do with those paintings or whatever Galiah’s craziness was. It seems like it was passing onto her. “...th-this isn’t funny.” She growled, assuming this was another one of Galiah’s magic tricks.
"This isn't my doin'" Galiah said, defending herself as she picked the painting back up to look it over, "I told ya already, my magic is more offensive, about attackin'. None of this spectacle stuff. And this seems harmless... Maybe" Galiah replied as she turned the painting over, going back to the car and sitting on the passenger seat now, "Don't worry, Alana, I'll keep it away from ya as ta keep ya from coming to any harm, physical, psychological, emotional, or otherwise. Just try not to look at the frame for too long er ya might get sick" Galiah replied, not really saying much else on the matter before she looked over, "Well come on. Ya said ya wanted ta get home, didn't ya?"

Mason gave a nod, thinking back to that man with the fire powers that he was using, a bit worried now as he asked, "You... you don't think that there is an... inside source in the matter, do you? No one that would be helping the cult from inside the Constables. Because surely, they wouldn't want them on their trail at every opportunity"
"Even as someone who's only forced to work hand-in-hand with them I can state that that would be impossible. The way the Constables operate makes them like a fortress of security against anything outside trying to get in. Picture it like a jar. Nothing gets in or out unless the top is removed. When it comes to the constables, they're that jar if it were to be made out of fifteen foot thick bullet proof glass with a welded on iron top and the jar was invisible." Katherin shook her head. "Not the best explanation, but I'm sure you get the point."
"No, that was pretty terrible" Sammy said at Katherin's wording, yet she did not, "But I get what you mean. No way in hell someone's gonna go there and sabotage the whole thing. So at least we can rest easy knowing that one method of destroying the entire thing ain't gonna work" Sammy said, as if she had gotten a grasp on the entire situation, or at least, moreso than Mason had
"I don't think you get it, but I'll at least do you a favor and let you keep that for safekeeping." Katherin felt bad for the both of them. They gad no idea of the world that they had stepped into, and she knee that there was no way that she could explain it to them. She knew that it was just one of those things that one would have to experience for themselves. "Let's just say that even if someone wanted to sabotage the organization, you can't sabotage what you won't remember. I think it'll be best that we leave it at that."
"Can't remember" Sammy gave it some thought, before her eyes lit up, "Holy shit, I get it now"
Mason sat up a bit, as if Sammy may have remembered something. He placed his hand on the edge of the seat and asked, "W-What, what is it?
Sammy put turned to Katherin, followed by Mason, and exclaimed, "Men in Black. It's like Men in Black. They hunt monsters, like they hunt aliens, and they wear black and make you forget stuff with magic rather than science fiction tech. It's just like Men in Black"
"You're a freakin' idiot!" Mason replied almost immediately as he sat back down, groaning in annoyance
So we're all in agreement that Sammy is the worst character in this RP, right XD over a year ago
Katherin would have smacked her forehead if she wasn't the designated driver, but instead just sighed and shook her head again. "I don't know who they are or what that's suppose to mean, but whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose. Sure, knock yourself out kid."
Hey, this Katherine has an E! RP Theory, this is a fake clone over a year ago
Sammy turned to Katherin with total shock, or at least in a playful manner, before she replied, "We gotta watch Men in Black as soon as we get to this new place. That is a classic film"
"Not now, Sammy" Mason groaned. Though, he was shocked that Katherin wasn't familiar with that movie. But he knew it wasn't the time and continued the conversation, "So what else should we know about these Constables. If Jackie is one of them, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of them in the coming days"
"If you're asking a question like that then 9 times out of ten you've already seen them more times than you've realized. And if they have a reason to see you, you probably won't see them coming until they're already right in front of you. So to answer that question, no, you won't be seeing them unless they want you to." Katherine tapped her fingers against the wheel, checking the lanes to her right before coasting the car over.
Alana’s hand itched into a fist behind her back as Galiah spoke so casually about the situation. She wanted to scream at her and tell her to scram, but there was a small part in her that denied doing so and wanted to actually aid her. After all, she had already promised she could stay for a short while with her. It won’t be that bad...” She told herself. At this time she would have already been showered and kicking it back watching a movie with her favorite meal. But instead she was going to have to deal with a pink-haired elf. Quite honestly she was much too tired to even yell at this point, and all she wanted to do was sleep. And so with that in mind, she got in the car without a word and turned on the engine to begin her drive home.
"Is that... a good thing or a bad thing" Mason asked, but as he thought of it, he shook his head, "N-Nevermind, I'd rather not know" he gave a sigh, before he asked, "What about you? Are you a member of the group like Jackie? If so, it seems Sammy and I got pretty lucky, meeting two magic users in two days"
Katherin glanced at Mason through the rearview briefly. "I'm not exactly a Constable. Just someone who was lucky enough to have a second chance at life. Granted, it depends on your perspective of what that is, but as you said before, beggars can't be choosy. Though I can't say that I begged for any of this. Especially the whole "magic" business."
Galiah looked over at the painting, observing it back and forth curiously as she set it in the backseat, bouncing a bit on the seat as she looked over at Alana and replied, "Yer mad at me, aren't ya, Alana? Don't worry, I can take it. Besides, I can see it oozin' outta ya like a bad dessert. So tellin' me ya aren't is a big fat lie." Galiah looked outside the window at the passing scenery before continuing, "Sorry if I ruined yer evenin'. I'm just lost in this crazy world, ya know?"

"Yeah" Mason replied in agreement at the last response, "You and me both". Mason stared out the window, not really speaking much about it from there, just staring out, worrying about what would lie ahead of them. Sammy opened her mouth to say something, yet nothing came to mind. She just crossed her arms and stared out the window, letting herself get lost in thoughts about Raven, about all the magic, about all this, and thinking to herself, "If I wanted to, I could just leave. I ain't a magic user? And they ain't after me. They only want Mason and Raven... But yeah, right. Like I'm gonna back outta this shit"
For the next hour of their ride, Katherin really didn't say much of anything while she drove aside from a little small talk here and there once they reached red lights or had to wait for traffic to pick up when it was slower than usual. She eventually did come to a stop at a gas station when she had the chance to get a quick refill on gas, which didn't take long at all. And as they entered Tampa, she spoke out loud. "You know, I could go for a chilidawg or two right now. You two hungry? Lunch'll be on me."
"No thanks" Mason said, making it a personal policy of his to never, ever eat gas station food. Sammy turned back to Mason, checking to see if he was alright, but shook her head and responded to Katherin, "Just get me anything that has fruit in it. Like a yogurt or something"
"Anything with fruit, got it." Katherin gave Sammy a nod while pulling up to a convenience store that was closer to their destination. She got out of the car and went straight into the store without any distractions, looking to make the stop as quick as possible just like she had at the gas station.

~

On one of the other canvases that were present with the one that Galiah observed, particularly the one that had been caught in the sand prior to being reunited with the others of its kind, there was yet another strange painting. Unlike the one that had been grabbed from the water, this one was an actual painting. The colors were acrylic, the sky depicting one of the early morning. This painting would be the one that was set apart the most from the others due to it having one major difference.

The ocean waters, painted a dazzling blue and shaded with a darker color of blue along the sides of the canvas where the water could be perceived as expanding. And again, the shoreline was a part of the painted picture, the sand lightly shadowed to fight the time of day. However unlike any of the other paintings, there were three pyramids painted there in a way that made it look as if it was fading out of the painting. The pyramid in the middle was covered in chains were separating or being broken. But the most spectacular thing about the picture was that when looked at close enough, the clouds were moving ever so slightly.

The painting held something ominous about it, like the picture itself was made to be some sort of warning. But a warning about who or what was left to speculation.
Oh, is this the crossover gas station XD over a year ago
Galiah, after having arrived at the home, as Alana was in the bathroom, was staring over the paintings curiously, taking notice of them. Most of them, aside from the one that reflected her image, were just simple paintings, at least from her point of view. "Interestin'". She looked over at the next one, the one with the strange pyramid shapes on them, making her turn her head in curiosity as she proclaimed, "What in the hell is this anyway" She thought to herself, her eyes squinting faintly as she moved her eyes closer to it

Sammy and Mason sat and waited in the car, Mason giving a tired sigh as Sammy looked around the gas station with her eyes in total curiosity, thinking to herself, "I wonder what kind of place this new house of ours will be like"
As she thought, she turned to Mason, "So what were you able to salvage from the van"
"Nothing" Mason proclaimed, "From what Jackie told me, it was completely totaled. My computer, our bed, everything was destroyed. And I wasn't even able to pay it off"
Sammy gave a nod of understanding before she proclaimed, "Now are you sure that Long Legs didn't just say this to fuck with us, becaus-"
"Not now, Sammy" Mason stopped her as he turned his attention back to the window
While Katherin was in the store she could be seen moving between the isles, and it took just three minutes for her to be going back to the counter with what she needed. It was one of the perks of already knowing what you want before you get it. She was out the store in no time looking with both her hands full of bags like she had gone grocery shopping.

"'Xcuse me," She said when she opened the backdoor to place everything on the backseat, not really bothered when a few things fell out onto the floor. When she climbed back into the driver's seat, she was reading over a list to make sure that she had gotten everything that the others and Sammy had wanted. "Fruitcups, yogurt, and some sherberts are in the bags back there. I didn't know what flavor you were into so I just got some of all of them."
Sammy looked back as Katherin was pushing all the supplies into the back, already tacking her seatbelt off to go and help, but as soon as it was off, Katherin had already stepped into the car, surprising Sammy a bit before she answered, :Uh... yeah, that'll be just fine"
"Okay, fruit stuff for Sammy, check. Sherbert for Sam, check. Katherin's Reese's Pieces, check. Demetrius's 40–" Katherin let out a groan. "I'm sorry guys, I'll be right back. I forgot something." She was back out of the car and walking hastily back into the store. She came back out with an six pack of Miller High Life, once again opening the backdoor and sliding the beers into the backseat and returning to the front seat once again. "Okay, I think that's everything."