The Worst Generation [The Worst Generation: Hippies, Life, Rave and...Magic?!]

pLaStIcSUNDAE posted on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:19PM
rave
/rav/
verb
1. talk wildly or incoherently, as if one were delirious or insane.
2. speak or write about someone or something with great enthusiasm or admiration.

Hippy
hip·pie
/ˈhipē/
noun
(especially in the 1960s) a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

life
/līf/
noun
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
3. a particular type or aspect of people's existence
4. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
5. vitality, vigor, or energy.
6. (in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

Magic
mag·ic
/ˈmajik/
noun
1. the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
2. mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.
3. a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, especially in a way that gives delight.
4. something that has a delightfully unusual quality.
mag·ic
adjective
1. used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers.

******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***

~Plot Stuff~
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, there existed an otherworldly arcane essence that existed by the name of Magic/Magick. This essence was a variety of things. Lush and in great abundance, full of life and a energy that science had become a pale reflection of in the years that followed. However, it was also an essence that harbored a wicked face as well, bound to attract misfortune and death to all who were able to understand and or obtain it if not tamed properly. The secrets of this essence falling into the wrong hands would bring nothing but catastrophe.

And catastrophe it brought, those hundreds a years ago. One that thrust magic into an era in which it had began to fade and a new form of energy created at the hands of man became the new. The world in which magic had come from became a myth, magic itself became a myth as time progressed and left it to fade and never be seen again.

Or perhaps....what isn't seen isn't truly gone. And perhaps...the world thought to be myth is much more than just so. But what is certain is that what has lurked in the veils of shadows within the darkness, behind illusions of people, places and things. Forces that had managed to slip into the ages of the new world. Those of good. Those of evil and malice. Those of...magic. And perhaps...hope. But...will the newest of generations derived from those hundreds of years be able to face what comes?

And so we fly ahead in time to the present, where villages have become cities of tall structures, and dreams of flight have become a reality.

~TWG Terminology and Lore~

link
link
link
link

~Characters~

link
link
link
link
link
link
link
link
-
link
Sangeon Park
link
link
-
link
link
link
link
last edited on Mar 11, 2020 at 02:27PM

The Worst Generation 9440 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2151-2200 of 9440

over a year ago afewseconds said…
It took a little less than fifteen minutes for them to finally come across their destination, which within the span of those minutes involved Abel checking his phone every now and then while also keeping his attention on the road to make turns and in a few instances speed passed cars in front of them that were going under the speed limit. Before he parked he was already going over scenarios that would act as plans of escape for Yoon's safety rather than his own, and he decided to let the car come to a rest in the area that had the most vehicles surrounding them for places to take possible cover. Where he chose to park was also closer to the road, so if he had to or in the scenario of his death Yoon, would be able to accelerate the car across the sidewalk and out into the road.

"Remain seated," Abel told Yoon while turning off the car and getting out.

~

Raven smacked her teeth when she heard the sound of knocking again and attempted to wrap herself tighter in the covers and ignore it. Especially when she heard the oddly familiar voice that came from the door. But then something slowly dawned on her. Carpet..wait, when did I have carpet? She froze that instant, her body stiff when she realized that something was wrong. Very wrong.

She jumped to her feet–or at least attempted to only to become tangled in the sheets. She fought against them, stumbling here and there before she was able to throw them off of her. Her eyes were wide, immediately searching around the room. She saw that her portable closet was there, as well as some of her things. But this was not her apartment. Or...was it? She put her hand to her head, her thoughts filling with the fog of amnesia. Her head gave small throbs of pain when she tried to hard to remember. But there was this feeling of discomfort that lingered like it was its own person standing right next to her.

Finding herself stumbling out into the living room and already sweating, she looked back and forth across the empty space. As she tried to remember, images flashed into her brain. She remembered first moving into the apartment. She remembered having to struggle to pay off rent. But why did everything feel like a dream? Like she had waken up from a nightmare only to end up still sleeping?

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Sammy looked over at Mason with a curious look, one that was also synced with worry as she knocked again, "Look, I understand if you're mad and everything, but I want to help you. We want to help you. We being me and Mason. And also Jackline, the red headed lady. Not Jackie Chan. So, if you're alright in there, just... say anything, okay? Anything at all. Even if you wanna throw an insult or anything"
Raven's head turned toward the door when she heard the talking from the other side, and again she stiffened some. She looked around for something that she could use as a weapon–anything she could use to defend herself. She rushed to the kitchen, yanking open cabinets and drawers in search of an object.

"So if you're alright in there, just...say anything, okay? Anything at all. Even if you wanna throw an insult or anything."

She cursed to herself when she couldn't find anything, slamming the cabinet shut and shoving one of the drawers closed sharply. My notebook! She always had a pencil or pen in there somewhere, and so she ran back into the room, tripping over the cushions but luckily not falling as she reached the portable closet. She snatched aside clothes, trying to remember through her panic where she kept it until at last she went to the left drawer and pulled it open. But she found something better than just a pen or pencil.
She took the flashlight in her hand, shaking it for a few seconds and hearing the batteries jiggling around in it. When she pressed the button on the bottom, the light came on. However when she pressed the one on the side, a buzz of electricity shocked the two bent prongs that were on either side of the light.

"Just stay right where you're at! I've got just the thing," she growled quietly to herself, trying to keep her hands from shaking out of anxiousness and fear.
"Um... okay" Sammy replied, giving a sigh as she turned to Mason, "Well at least we know she's okay"
However, when she turned, she would find Mason had stood up now, and without a word, gently move Sammy aside and took her place in front of the door. Over the past few months, Mason had grown to understand what that feeling was, when he would sense some wave of emotions coming, and this new emotion he felt, this will of survival mixed with a sort of underlying rage, it was not something he liked. So he made sure to step in front of the door so whatever would happen, it wouldn't come into contact with Sammy, who was a bit confused when Mason moved her out of the way without a word
Raven for some reason peeked her head outside of the room door before, almost expecting the front door to come flying open again. She waited for a few seconds, her heart beats already starting to speed up some more as she slowly started to inch from the room. But as she got closer to the door, she noticed something there that she hadn't noticed the first time around. She squinted her eyes at what looked like a piece of paper that was stuck to the door. She gulped, inching closer and closer until she was able to snatch it from the door which caused it to give a light rattle. And she found that it was a note.

Raven,

If you're reading this, STOP. Stop, and take this moment to breathe.

If you're reading this, then it means that you've awaken and are currently at the door of your home. At the moment you may be confused as to what's occurring, or perhaps you are angry. And I'm going to relay to you that this is okay.

By now hopefully, you've realized that this is the handwriting of Dr. Ossman. If you find this difficult to believe or find yourself becoming skeptical, I can prove it by telling you three things that has been kept strictly between you and I.

The first is that you loathe your family. Your father and step mother in particular. But especially your father due to his questionable behavior, to put things lightly. However, I still require more details to assist with this.

The second is that you have a love for music, a passion that burns bright inside of you. You were at a club the night you witnessed something truly magnificent. Horrifying. But you don't believe that I believe you.

The third is less so personal, but you'll have to trust me. You drink coffee as if its water. The caffeine helps you wind down at the end of the day.

And as a bonus, one of your favorite musicians used to be a band by the name of Scary Kids Scaring Kids.

Now if you've reached this point, hopefully you've realized the authenticity of this note and will read further. Here are a list of important things that you need to know.

• There will be visitors that will come offering you food. Earlier they were responsible for rescuing you from the fire in the prior months on December 26th. There names are Samantha and Mason. You know them, though you've only been for a bit. The woman you may recognize more than you realize. I know that you may feel resentment, but they're there to assist you with whatever you need assistance with.
• You need to eat food that will help you recover. We've discussed that your diet of Chuan Lu Garden and Flippers Pizzeria simply won't do. We, as in Samantha, Mason, and myself have taken the liberty of filling your fridge.
• You require a SHOWER.
• You've had another episode, and I took the liberty of bringing you home. Please, take care of yourself. I've left your medication on the counter in the kitchen. If your headaches worsen, take 3 immediately.
• For your safety, please remain home. I will be returning to check on you.
• If you currently have any sort of weaponry at this very moment, please consider putting it aside.
• Remember, you can trust me.
• SHOWER. Or bath, whichever you prefer.

This concludes things, and if you're reading this now I commend you greatly.

- Much care,
Dr. Ossman

Raven held the note in her hand, her eyes skimming back over some of the words repeatedly as she was left in a state of even greater confusion than before. But at least she recognized the super neat cursive that filled the piece of paper, and as hesitant as she was, she had no way to explain where she was or why she felt the way that she did except for the note. She felt like she wanted to just start crying, but she was too tired for that, too tangled with the thoughts that went at mach speeds around her brain.

last edited over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Man, why can't everyone have a friend like Jackie XD over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
This is...... gay XD over a year ago
afewseconds commented…
Yes you are, Professor Zoom XD over a year ago
Sammy watched as Mason's facial expression changed rapidly from concern to worry to just heartbroken sadness in that moment as he could feel the mood shift from just behind the door. Sammy, impatient and more worried now, pushed passed Mason with a quiet, "Move it" and knocked on the door again, speaking up once more, "Raven, please open the door... Or.... don't.... Whichever you want to do. But we at least want to give you some food and make sure that you're eating well. We can't imagine what you're going through right now, but we do want to help as best as we can, alright? So... Could you at least take this curry before it gets cold?"
Raven inhaled sharply at the knock that came, bringing her back to reality. She took some steps back away from the door, her eyes moving to the living room window and then to the note in her hand before she gulped. She licked her dry lips, skimming over the note again.

Remember, you can trust me.
Remember, you can trust me.
She read over these words over and over again, backing off from the door some more before she stuffed the note down into her pocket. But then she took it back out again to read over the part about her needing to shower. She couldn't possibly smell that bad. Sure, she had been pretty much stewing in the same shirt for a couple of weeks and denying showers, but it wasn't like she had been exercising or anything. And so she took a deep sniff at herself, only for her nose to sting heavily with musk. Mistakes were fucking made. "Bleugh!" Okay, perhaps she did. And so, though resentfully, she spoke. "I...I'm not hungry.." If she had been, then taking a whiff of herself surely had knocked any hunger she had down a couple of pegs.
Sammy looked back over at Mason with a concerned look, though she was at least thankful that she at least responded to them. She held up the cans of beer and added, "Okay, well, we live in the room on the second floor, so if you ever want to visit us, our door is always open to do. Oh, but... surely you want this six pack of beer though. Or at least you can store it in your fridge for later"
Raven was backing away from the door when Sammy mentioned beer, which immediately brought her to a stop. She had never really been a drinker, and in fact she still wasn't to the degree that it only took two glasses of liquor to get her toasted. But now she drank more than she ever had in attempt to fill the numb hole that had been eating at her. She hesitated when she spoke again. "..L-Leave it by the door," she suggested.
Sammy looked back at Mason with a worried expression, but regardless, she set the cans of beer down right at the door and backed away a bit, but only a little. She didn't walk away, in fact, she stood at just the right distance to greet Raven with a somewhat smile while she allowed her to hide away immediately
Raven approached the door again, trying to be as quiet as she possibly could before putting her ear to the door. She didn't hear anything. But once she looked through the peephole, she found that two people were standing there still. And so she gripped the taser in her hand for comfort. "N-now get the fuck away!" She exclaimed.
Sammy gave a sigh as she shook her head, "Alright, fine. Come on, Mason" Sammy said as she was making her way back up the stairs. But as she was going back, she turned to see Mason was still sitting there, arms crossed, not budging. Sammy spoke, "Mason, come on"
Mason kept his eyes on the door as he proclaimed, "Sorry, Sammy, but Jackie ordered me to keep an eye on the door and that's what I gotta do." Mason said as he turned his words over to Raven, "Listen, Raven, I get you are worried, scared, confused and a ton of other shit. I can feel it, so just trust me. But I promise you, we're here to help you. We don't mean you any harm. You just need to trust us and cooperate with us. That's what your doctor said, right?" Of course, Mason could only get this from the emotions that she felt. He going off nothing more than a gut feeling, hoping that his words would do some good. Regardless, Mason stayed away from the door, not moving once as he spoke. He just remained there, on the ledge, arms crossed, staring at the door.
"You can feel it?" Raven muttered to herself. What were these people on? What were they smoking? Because if it was one thing for sure it sure as hell wasn't any normal weed. She turned around, her eyes picking apart the room until she spotted the broom that was leaning against a corner in the kitchen. She quickly sprinted across the living room and into the kitchen to retrieve it before going back to the door. "Okay yeah...yeah..I trust you. Just as much as I'd trust a fucking lion not to eat me while I'm covered in zebra blood! Now I-I have a whole shotgun in here, and I know how to fuckin' use it!" She lied.
Mason looked back over at Sammy, who was more than ready to say something, but she remembered how Jackie said if she was having any trouble, she'd be best leaving her alone. However, Mason had his own goals to follow and added, "You have to trust me, Raven. I'm here to help you. I'm Mason, obviously, as I'm sure you heard Sammy mention. I know what kind of stuff your going through. Not immensely, but I know what it's like to just be scared of everyone and not being trusting. But you gotta remember, we only want to help you. We're being genuine when we say that."
Yeeeah, no way in hell. Despite what the note had said, Raven just couldn't get rid of the anxiety she felt. The fear. She still didn't understand what was going on, but she felt like she wasn't supposed to be where she was. She hurried back to her room, rummaging through the things that were in her drawer until she found a roll of scotch tape that was void of all of the actual tape aside form the last strip. She thanked god as she tore away from the roll and used it to tape the taser around the end of the broom handle to where the taser could remain on. She returned to the door. "You wanna help?" She asked, biting the inside of her lip. "Then...then go away!"
"I would love to" Mason said, getting a bit nervous now as he felt the shift in the mood of the situation, speaking once again, "But I have to stay and watch you to make sure you're safe. Jackie's, or rather, the doctor's orders." Mason replied, hoping that there was something he could think of that would get her to trust them. He turned to Sammy and asked, "Sammy, what was something the doctor mentioned about Raven to you so she can know to trust us"
Sammy scratched the back of her head as she answered, "W-Well, she mentioned before that Raven has been drinking a lot of coffee recently. Like lots of it. It's actually kind of crazy"
"Not really" Mason said with a nod, "You've seen me down a pot of coffee just to get a decent story written. Besides, it's better than drinking Monster every day" Mason replied as he looked up at the door and thought of just making conversation, "How do you take your coffee, Raven? I just drink mine with milk, no sugar. I like the bitter taste, personally"
Raven paused for a moment, taken off guard by the question and the change of subject at first. But then she squinted at the door. "..Doctor Ossman said that you two were supposed to know me..." She said slowly. "And most people that know me know how I like my coffee!" She growled. "Cut your bullshit–What are you tryna do to me?!" She glared at the door. Coffee sounded so good to her at the moment, especially after her insta-coffee streak. That stuff tasted so bitter and borderline fake that it was disgusting. And so that made any chance of her getting coffee too good to be true. At least her chances of getting poison-free coffee with her luck.
Mason gave her a nod as he replied, "We do know you... But I suspect that if we said anything, you'd call it a lucky guess or worse, stalking" Mason looked over at Sammy and asked, "Sammy, we have a coffee machine, right? With that La Colombe brand up in our apartment?"
Sammy looked over at him, confused at first, but as she started to understand what he was getting at, she nodded, "Uh... Y-Yeah, it can make a cup in about five minutes or so"
Mason gave Sammy a nod with a wink to her as he turned back to the door quickly and asked, "So Raven, let me ask again. How do you take your coffee?"
Raven had her ear pressed to the door in attempt to listen in on what they were saying on the other side, switching between listening and peeping through the peephole. They're...they're fucking plotting?! She thought to herself as she caught more of the conversation that was happening on the other side of the door. She almost started holding her breath from listening too hard, and when Mason asked her about how she preferred her coffee again, she started breathing some again. She was silent for a while, debating on whether to answer the question or not. With the way she was feeling, coffee sounded like heaven. The beer sounded like what she needed to try to piece together one in her time of need. And so she got an idea of her own.
"...Half coffee, half milk. Eight spoons of sugar, four regular four brown with a cube of ice and a teaspoon of cinnamon," She answered finally. "A-and you both go."
"Alright then" Mason gave Sammy a nod, who was surprised at the response before she made her way up the stairs, "G-Got it! Half milk, eight spoons of sugar, four regular, four brown, ice cube and teaspoon of cinnamon". She continued to repeat the words as she made her way quickly up the stairs. However, Mason remained. It was clear that he was nervous, but Mason didn't attempt to falter. He remained seated where he was and responded to her, "But you know I can't leave this spot, like I said, Raven. Until then, let me just continue to ask you a few things. For starters..." Mason leaned forward a bit, the tone of the conversation shifting before he asked, "How do you pull off a decent combo in Street Fighter Third Strike? I know when to block during an attack, but when I go onto the offensive, I end up choking then and there. I've been doing a lot better, in fact Makoto is my main now instead of Q, but I'm hoping I can get some pointers. You seem like a pro. In fact, believe it or not, I'm actually a fighting game enthusiast myself. I love that stuff. Tekken's more my style, but I like a good Street Fighter when I can get it"
Raven was a little relieved when she saw Sammy go running off out of the view of the peephole, hearing her footsteps going up the stairs. It also gave her a good idea of what floor she was on. Or rather confirmed that she was in fact on the first floor. Her eyes went to the window again while Mason was talking, and she made a sort of face when he started asking her about combos on Street Fighter Third Strike. Newb, she thought to herself as she thought about who her main character was for the game. And she thought...and she thought. But she couldn't remember who it was. She couldn't remember the button combinations. "I...I can't...remember?" She asked herself, her lip beginning to quiver some. She gulped.

The door swung open suddenly, and she pointed her taped together weapon at Mason in a fit of anger. Her hair was disheveled, the moisture of tears staining the bags under her eyes. "Get back!" She shrieked in a shaking voice. She went to step forward, but her foot hit the case of beer. She quickly looked between him and the beer before quickly grabbing the 6-pack, the broom wobbling in her hand as she poked it towards him to keep him away. And like an a coyote that had its prey, she drug the case back into the room and closed the door and locked it.
Mason's eyes shot forward as he looked at her in total shock, having not gotten a good look at her before, but now, in the sunlight of the now evening sun, he was able to see just how affected she was by the entire situation. He looked at her, seeing her grab the beer and walk back in, closing and locking the door. He didn't say a single word to her as she did so, and not a word as she went back into the apartment, just staring at the door until Sammy came back with the coffee in a fancy mug. As she did, Mason, staring at the door, responded, "She's lost, Sammy. Give it up"
"W-What?" Sammy asked, turning over to Mason
"She's long gone. The Raven we knew before, the more awkward yet peppy one is not her anymore. She can't be helped. Six months and she's still in a bad situation. I'm sorry, Sammy, but there's nothing we can do. We just have to qui-"
"Fuck you!" Sammy said, clear as day to Mason. She stared him down, setting the coffee on the ledge, "All you wanna do is just quit! It's so comfortable for you to just give things up when they don't work out, do they?! Just like you don't wanna show Jackie your book you wrote. Just like how you won't accept her job offer despite how much you hate this job with a boss that threatens you. You talk about how it's no good since she hasn't changed in six months?! Look at yourself! You haven't done shit in six months! You haven't even started practicing! Every time you try, you say, "I'll do it tomorrow!" You haven't tried shit, Mason! You're too fucking scared and too chicken shit to do anything! You're so scared of things going wrong that you don't even want to try to help her because it's no good! Well I ain't fucking sitting around, letting you take short cuts and doing nothing! I'm tired of having to do nothing because it's so easy for you! I'm tired of not having to try because it's more comfortable for you to do what you wanna do! Jackie was right, I shouldn't be worrying about you all the damn time! I can't worry about someone who actually fucking needs it! Someone who I should be helping get better, not a fucking grown man who's too scared to take real chances!"
Sammy said, now losing her temper completely at Mason, turning her attention back to the door, brushing her hair to the side and clearing her throat, taking the coffee back up in her hand as she knocked on the door, "S-Sorry for the ruckus, Raven. But I brought your coffee. Half milk, eight cups of sugar, four of them brown with ice and a teaspoon of cinnamon, just like you wanted"
Raven stood at the door, her brows raised in shock as she held the beer can that she had desperately torn from the pack now in her hand. She listened to what had been said about her, which had made her angry at first. She had been thinking that maybe he was right. Maybe she was a lost cause, someone who had gotten something slipped into her drink and got fucked up because of it big time. Or she was just already on her way to going insane. However, those thoughts were nothing new. She had been told that so many times while she had been in the asylum that it stuck to her head. But when Sammy spoke however, it had taken her off guard completely. It was the way she spoke to Mason. It actually pissed her off, but at the same time she felt...hot, and her toes curled into the carpet a little as she bit her lip. But then she shook her head when it got through to her that Sammy was being serious. Both of them were.

When Sammy knocked on the door, it took Raven a while like last time to convince herself to open it. But when she finally did, she did so carefully after setting down the can she was holding while also keeping it to where she could jab it at either one of them if she needed to. She opened it only a crack at first, enough for her to see. And then a little bit more. She wanted to defend Mason, she could feel it. Despite what he said about her, she wanted to stand up for him. But she couldn't find the right words, the right things pull from her jumbled mind to say. So instead she hesitantly reached a shaky hand out to retrieve the mug in silence, jerking her hand back at any sudden movements that were made.
Sammy held the mug as still as she could, though even her hands were a bit shaky as she was worried about her closing the door once again. She didn't even dare smile, thinking that it would only scare her back in. Instead, she responded, "If you want more coffee, we got some upstairs for you. I don't really drink much coffee, but..... My friend over there, he does. He's stubborn, but he means well." Sammy replied, doing what she could to weaken the awkward tension that was created between her and Mason so suddenly.
Though, to Mason, it only made him feel even worse that Sammy was the one trying to make things better instead of him. He didn't know what to say, so instead, he said nothing. He remained silent, and just gave a faint nod to Raven when the door slowly opened once more
Raven looked between the both, the awkwardness only growing now that she was shamefully horny from hearing Sammy go off. As she took the mug into her hands, she was about to close the door again before she looked between the two. Mason looked shitty, but much better than she assumed she did. And Sammy looked–"You..have somethin' sticking up on your head," she mumbled before closing the door quickly but softly, causing coffee to spill the mug and onto her hand with how fast she was trying to move. Which in turn, caused her to curse when she felt the heat of the coffee on her skin. "ShitshitshitSHITSHIT!" She blew at her hand, as she hurriedly knelt down and placed the mug onto the floor and suckled on where the burning sensation was momentarily. But that only stopped her briefly because after it subsided she started blowing at the coffee vehemently and then began to chug it from the mug, the ice that had been added cooling it enough to where it wasn't too hot and would burn her throat. Her loud gulps filled the silence while she guzzled down the caffeinated liquid like it was the last thing she had on the planet to drink.
"I-It's not like that!" Sammy said as she adjusted her hat to hide the single strand of hair underneath it, but as soon as the door closed harshly, hearing the shout from behind the door, a bit surprised and stepping back a little before she knocked on the door again, "R-Raven, are you okay? Do you need me to get you a towel or something? Or, another cup of coffee?"
There was silence for a moment, and in the silence Raven was waiting for something to happen. A cough, choking–hell even a rumbling stomach that would lead her to a certain death. However when none of these things happened, she was surprised. Somewhat disappointed that there actually wasn't any poison within the coffee, but nonetheless surprised and moreso relieved. She got up from where she had sat down on her knees, but didn't actually stand up as she unlocked the one lock the door had. She opened the door and stuck her arm out through it with the coffee mug in hand. "More coffee...please," she mumbled.
Sammy looked down at the mug, giving a smile to her as she took the mug in her hand and nodded, "Coming right up". She then shoved the mug into Mason's hands and said, "Yo, coffee now. Half milk with eight sugars, four of them brown with an ice cube and a tea spoon of cinnamon"
"W-What, but Jackie said that I gotta watch the door" Mason replied in a bit of a worried state
Sammy crossed her arms, not budging for a moment as she responded, "Correction, she said WE gotta watch the door, and that's what I'm more than capable of doing while you're up there for two minutes fixing coffee. Besides, I wanna talk with her, okay. So move your ass up there and get her the coffee". There was a clear tone of frustration in her voice, far unlike what Mason had heard before. Though he didn't dare argue back. He took the cup into his hands and made his way up the stairs as quickly as he could to get the coffee, making sure to repeat the things Raven wanted, though fumbling a bit here and there. Sammy gave a sigh before she turned back to Raven with a smile "Well, good to know you didn't slam the door in my face this time" She gave a light giggle after as she sat down on the ledge across from the door
Raven took a quick second to look at her taped together weapon before she replied in a mutter. "Good to know that you aren't try to break into my apartment to attack me again," she said sharply, still feeling a bit salty about that. But her brows furrowed as she tried to remember when it even had happened, though she still used it as fuel that was more than just prepared to heat her anger. She spoke through a crack in the door that was smaller now since there wasn't anything being physically exchanged. She was quiet, watching the woman and trying to remember more about her. But it was only some of the smaller things. That, and despite her being angry, she still couldn't help but to feel that she had a crush. But she was sure that someone like her didn't stand a chance in hell against whoever it was that already had their eye on her anyways. She looked down at the beers beside her grabbing the can that had already been freed and opening it as quietly as she could to drink a little. She had to be careful not to get drunk around either of them until she was certain. "...You said you know Doctor Oss right? How? What is she to you? What are you to her? A patient? H-her dresser? What?"
"Yeah, sorry about that. I just... panicked when I saw those pills. My bad" She said as she scratched the back of her head nervously, though she was hoping that Raven would have no memory of that event. But she still let out a sigh and replied, "Well, I know her as Jackie, really, and we're a lot of things... N-Not like that. Not lovers or anything. She's not really my type. I'm still single, actually. No, we're more like friends and partners in a way. I guess you could say business partners. And dresser? Yeah right, I tried telling her some of my fashion, but she's more into the leather stuff. But, to each their own, really."
Raven was quiet while she processed the answer that Sammy had given her, squinting at her as she tried to decide whether or not what she was told sounded legit. "Figures...you don't seem like the type to like dark haired people." She said. She herself found Dr. Ossman to be all that she ever wanted to be. She had the beauty, the smarts, and she looked like the type of person who could handle herself. Not only that, she seemed to have this confidence that radiated off of her, this strange feeling that grounded its presence into the atmosphere each time that she saw her. Meanwhile I'm a fucking mess of a maniac, her eyes moved to the ground, and she frowned some. When her eyes went back to Sammy, there were a few passing seconds until she spoke again. "Business partners.." She mumbled to herself in thought, her brows knitting together and her nose wrinkling a little. Doesn't she live in a van? She asked herself. But that couldn't be right. She had just been told that she and the big guy lived up stairs. "Wait, so what's the big dude? Macy's, right? Is he like a..." She stopped herself from asking the question before she could finish. It was one thing for her to hold anger towards them. But to ask something like that was going to take a lot more than just anger from her in her opinion. So instead she asked a different question that was on her mind. "Dr. Ossman, she said that you guys knew me. But..I can't remember h-how we met. Where do I know you two from?"
"Actually, I'm not really too picky on hair styles. Believe it or not, looks aren't shit to me. You gotta be more than attractive. You gotta have something to share with someone, have a good connection with them, and know what makes each other tick. And if they're attractive, its just a bonus" Sammy said, though she started to get a bit embarrassed as she listened to her own words, instead, she just cleared her throat and answered, "Oh, and Mason, he's my friend. He may look like an 8 outta 10, but he's gay. Sorry." Sammy said with a joking shrug, but at the very last question, she pondered on what she was going to say. Thinking back to it, she decided to answer truthfully, at least up until the incident. "Well, from what happened, you met Mason first, saying he helped you out with a junkie that was following you, then I came by and handed you a beer and we just talked about our jobs. You were so much more quiet back then, but you had this... charm about you, I guess you could call it" She smiled as she remembered, though she didn't try to keep it for too long as she responded, "And to think we lost that van six months ago. I miss that rusty piece of shit"
"So you did live in a van," Raven said more as confirmation to herself than a statement to Sammy. But as she was thinking, what Sammy had said about Mason before came back and hit her like a truck. "Wait, he's gay?!" She exclaimed. And then it slowly faded back into her mind enough to grasp it as she remembered that she had already known that. "Yeah...he is gay." She ended up answering her own question, a bit baffled. And here I thought that I was..., she shook the thought from her head before it could even complete itself. "So...so you said that looks don't matter? Well what if it was a super fat dude. Like that guy from Austin Powers? The "get in my belly" guy?"
Sammy was a bit taken by surprise at her response, looking at the door way, and despite her best attempt not to, despite all the effort she put into not breaking her mood, a loud laugh escaped her facade, laughing uncontrollably at the response that Raven had made, crossing her arms over her cut before she had to answer through chuckles "I... I mean thank god n-no one could be that fat, or.... I'd like to hope not". Sammy said, laughing a bit more before she answered, "S-Still, you shouldn't judge p-people by appearance. As stupid as that sounds saying outloud, you just gotta take a person for who they are as a person"
Raven glared at little when Sammy had started laughing at her, despite how serious she had been when asking the question. But slowly as Sammy continued to laugh it became a little contagious, and soon she was chuckling a little herself. And then she laughed a little, something she hadn't done in god knew how long. Doing so made her throat a little itchy, and as soon as she noticed that she had laughed she stopped herself immediately from doing so any further and cleared her throat. She drunk a little more from the beer she opened, pulling her knees up to her chest. "You kinda went off on your friend...so I guess I can't deny that you guys are trying to help. Either that..or you're just really good actors." And with that in mind, she kept her guard up. "But why? Why are you helping? It's not like you're a psychologist or therapist or anything. At least you don't look like one."
Sammy gave it some thought, thinking back to what she said to Mason before she answered, "Yeah, it's been a while since I got that mad at him. But, yeah, we aren't therapists. We aren't qualified to help you. Shit, I don't even know what any of this psychology shit means. I'm more of a math person, obviously. I'm Chinese". She gave a bit of a chuckle before clearing her throat and continuing, "But we know that we want to help you, because... Well, I know we didn't talk much. Or like... at all, but I was hoping we'd be friends who'd hang out more and have fun around Florida and just... you know, just have fun. And Mason and I are always wanting to help people no matter what. Any chance we can get to help, we'll do it"
"So what, you guys are some sorta super heroes now?" Raven sneered. "Like I couldn't have used that months ago," she mumbled, taking a gulp from her beer this time instead of just a sip like she had the first two times. "You don't look all that Chinese either. You looked more like a...mixed something if anything." And though she couldn't put her finger on it, she knew she looked like someone who dudes would deem as "hot". Or at least she thought so, anyways. It felt awkward though, because she felt as if she had already had that thought before at some point.
Sammy had to bite the inside of her lip at the response that Raven gave, remembering that it had been six months. She let out a shaky sigh as she responded, "Look, I'm really sorry that I didn't come and offer a helping hand before, Raven. Jackie said that it would be best to let her help before we did anything, and though I was against it, I didn't know any of this stuff. None of the stuff she knew. So I just sucked it up and dealt with it. I know I wasn't there before, but... If it counts for anything, I'm here now, and I'm here to do whatever I can. I mean that, seriously...." Though her train of thought was lost at her next response, stepping back as she answered, "Of course I'm Chinese. Mixed, yeah. My dad's American. Grade A. A for American and A for Absolute fuckin' asshole" Sammy said casually as she leaned back more.
Raven had to stop herself from throwing a can of beer at her when she heard the name 'Jackie' again until she started to think about it and assumed that it had to be either a first or middle name of Dr. Ossman. And even with Sammy's explanation, she snorted internally out of spite. She didn't understand her therapist's decision either, thinking that one day, at least one day could have made the cut.
"So your mom's the Chinese one and you were born here?" Raven said, trying to put two and two together. However she knew that green cards were a thing as well, and didn't rule out the possibility that she could just be legal in the U.S..Or..illegal.
over a year ago cosmic_fusions said…
Yoon removed her seatbelt as soon as the car had been parked. She was about to exit the car, until Abel told her not to. She looked at him with a puzzled expression, blinking while looking at her surroundings. Yoon slowly nodded in confusion, not asking him about his reasonings since she trusted him anyways. That, and he probably would’ve responded with ‘because I said so.’
Abel closed his door, taking a few seconds to straighten his tie. Which brought him to a pause, since he usually never found it necessary to do anything extra with it because he knew that it was exactly the way that he preferred it to be each and every time he put one on. Well ironed, straightened, and having perfect symmetry with the rest of his attire.

A few seconds later, Yoon's door opened, and Abel held his hand out for her to take. "The skating ring awaits, Yoon. Shall we not waste anymore time then?"
Yoon internally jumped out of instinct when her side of the door suddenly opened. Her eyes were now on Abel’s extended hand towards her. And when he revealed the surprise, her eyes widened slightly in shock. “No waayyy!” She said in denial, taking Abel’s hand with both of her soft ones to climb out of the car. “Y-You’re actually good at these s-surprises!” She exclaimed with a small chuckle. “I didn’t know you skated!” She said, a little disappointed that she would have to skate in her current uncomfortable clothes. However she couldn’t possibly see Abel skating in a suit.
"We are taught the art of secrecy as agents, after all," Abel said with a tiny smile as he assisted Yoon out of the car. The way he saw it, she was dressed as a proper woman. And so it was only right that he would cater to her as so while they were out. "I don't necessarily partake in skating as an activity," he closed her door while he spoke. "But I doubt highly that I have no recollection on performing the action of doing so." He hooked his arm around hers, turning them both towards the large dome shaped building that looked as the glow it had that was caused by the lights inside of the building changed color. The lit up sign on top of the building was one that simply read "Highlight" in capital letters.
Yoon was taken by surprise yet again when Abel hooked his arm around hers, which made her internally gulp and blush. She walked on the tips of her toes on her platforms so that Abel didn’t need to squat down to reach her. She resembled a small and younger Kyung-ha now, with the exception of their personalities and body shape. Yoon thought back to what Abel had said mere moments ago before commenting on it. “I don’t mean to intimidate you, b-but I’m a pretty good skater myself, dare I say the best.” She said proudly with a slight smirk. “So there is something in this w-world I can in fact beat you in.” Besides an eating competition, of course.
"You may be correct. I suppose that this would in fact be something that you are able to best me in," Abel replied. He had never taken the time to indulge in the activity like Yoon may have, being that it had nothing at all to do with his occupation within the Constables. And so he perceived it as a skill that wasn't worth honing in even the slightest fashion aside from the few times he had reluctantly equipped himself with a pair of skates.

However as they neared the place, his shoulders relaxed more and more with familiarity.
Sammy gave a nod and responded, "Yeah, she immigrated from China after the whole incident with Chairman Mao, but I'm sure you didn't want to have a history lesson" She waved it off, still resting against the ledge.
As she was still answering questions, it wouldn't be long until Mason came back down the stairs, a cup in his hand. Sammy turned to Mason and exclaimed, "Jeez, how long does it take to make a single cup?"
"I-I screwed up a few times here and there" Mason said, handing the cup over to Sammy who rolled her eyes. Sammy slowly approached the door, holding up the coffee mug to Raven, this time giving her a soft smile, "Try to take it slowly this time, okay?"
Yoon was excited to finally take a break from her mother’s torturous schedules. It had been a while since she skated, but she didn’t doubt her ability to quickly readjust in the skating ring. She glanced at Abel momentarily in thought. “Y-You won’t get in trouble for this, r-right? I-I don’t know how they view skating in your organization b-but it shouldn’t be anywhere near slacking off... in fact, it um.... enhances your agility!” She argued in defense.
Abel looked at her, and for a moment Yoon could see the most smallest of smirks as he answered, "Precisely. And aside from so, I merely doing as I was instructed to do, that being to monitor yourself as well as the others. I am ensuring that you are not harmed by being present physically, whilst the others are under the care of the organization's C.O.M.. As far as I'm concerned, there is no form of violation present within these doings."

They soon came across the black carpet that awaited them and led them through the threshold of the building's door. Upon entering, the carpet broke off only for their feet to step upon another that in turn would lead them to the front desk where a line of people that wasn't too long started. The walls around them were a violet coloring that was speckled with what to the human eye would look like infinite dots of an array of colors. Even the ceiling had some on them. The lights in this section of the building were standard ones, but just behind the wall that the front desk was sat in front of, the neon colored lighting changed colors and hues every half minute.

~

"Hmm?" By the time Sammy was halfway through with telling her to drink it slowly this time around, Raven had to pause in the middle of already chugging through the sweet liquid with large gulps until she came to a stop. When she lowered the mug, she had a mustache of coffee. Her noes twitched lightly when she felt it there and she used the long sleeve of her shirt to wipe it away. When she looked to Mason, she stared for at him for a second before looking away. "It had a little more sugar than the last one. But it was pretty good. Thank you."

Hence her use of the word "was", since the mug was already nearly empty at this point.
This time, Yoon actually looked at Abel in his eyes while he spoke. She smiled softly, giggling to herself at his final words. “You know... maybe I was wrong about y-you... Maybe you do know how to have fun sometimes.” She complimented him. And as she stood in line with him, she noticed how overdressed her and Abel were considering no one was wearing a suit, and a lot of the customers, mostly being teenagers, were dressed in hoodies and leggings or sweats.
"I'm glad that you like it" Mason said with a light nod, a bit relieved now that the door was more open than before. As it was, Sammy decided to take her chance, picking up the plate of the now lukewarm curry as she replied, "Hey, I know you said you weren't hungry before, but.... Well... Since we're getting more comfortable..... I dunno" Sammy said, as if unsubtley nudging Raven to look down at the plate in her hand